college travels

Thursday, September 17, 2009

A Thesis Proposal

I've been working on refining the actual topic for my MTh thesis. Here's what I've come up with so far - I'm presenting this to an Advanced Topic seminar at Moore College on Tuesday so it may well be changed significantly after whatever input my gracious fellow research students may contribute.

Towards an Appropriate Adolescent Theology
How do we engage mid-adolescents with the Scriptures in a way that is appropriate to their developmental stage and equip them to connect theology with practice both now and in the future?

Although practical theology and biblical theology are seen as two competing approaches to teaching the Bible to teenagers, nevertheless a method drawn from canonical-linguistic theology can be successfully employed because it can effectively connect theology with practice while keeping the Scriptures as normative, can address the developmental challenges of mid-adolescence, and be accessible to the developmental capacity of mid-adolescents.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

  • Now Graham are you going to write this so Youth Pastors can understand what the heck your on about?

    I would be really interested to see how we leverage technology to communicate Jesus....I think there is a really nice subchapter there, the digital-connect meets social disconnect of fellowship meltdown (or something like that!)

    I also wonder isn't Practical and Biblical Theology closely link, when I read Jesus his teaching is practical...but it is in the bible!

    By Anonymous Duncan Robinson, at 11:55 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home