college travels

Monday, May 19, 2008

A Prayer Worth Praying

When it all seems like too much to cope with here’s a prayer worth praying:

2 Thessalonians 1:11-12.

With this in mind, we constantly pray for you, that our God may count you worthy of his calling, and that by his power he may fulfil every good purpose of yours and every act prompted by your faith. We pray this so that the name of our Lord Jesus may be glorified in you, and you in him, according to the grace of our God and the Lord Jesus Christ.

It reminds me of what my main task in life is: to be worthy of God’s calling to be his servant.

It reminds me to be active in the way I live this life: to have good purposes and actions prompted by faith.

It reminds me of the way that these plans can be fulfilled: only by his power.

It reminds me of the goal of all our life and ministry: so that the name of our Lord Jesus may be glorified in me .

It reminds me of the overflowing love of Jesus that shares his riches with his servants: so that… you [may be glorified] in him.

It reminds me that all this will happen not because I deserve it, or because I’m clever, or hardworking, or creative, or good looking or well dressed but: according to the grace of our God and the Lord Jesus Christ.

If you get a chance to pray for the College today, would you pray this for us please?

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

  • consider it prayed!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:07 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home